2010年12月1日 星期三

Lesson seven words 11-15

Lesson seven words

11.apparently  adv. clearly; obviously 顯然地
apparent  adj. 顯然的,明顯的
    You should wear a coat; apparently, its going to be cold later today.
    It is quite apparent that you cannot manage your time well.

12.panorama  n. [C] a broad view of a wide area 全景
    From this spot, you can see a breathtaking panorama of the whole canyon.

13.companionship  n. [U] friendly relationship with someone over a long period of time 陪伴;友誼
companion  n. [C] 朋友;旅伴
    Without my sisters companionship, I would have been very lonely at that time.
    She was a very good traveling companion, and we had a lot of fun on our trip.
   
   14.worth  adj. having good reasons for 值得(做……)的
    The Dream of the Red Chamber is definitely worth reading.
    My wonderful children make my life worth living.
** worth n. [U] 價值
worthy adj. 值得的
be worth a fortune  很值錢
be worth doing/seeing  值得做/看
be worth a try/look/visit  值得一試/看/遊
be worth someone's while to do something  值得某人花時間去做某事
be worthy of trust  值得信賴
be worthy of praise/admiration  值得誇獎/讚賞
be worthy of note/attention/consideration   值得注意/考慮
be worthy of support  值得支持
例:I think that book is very good and worth reading twice.
  The National Palace Museum is definitely worth a visit.
  I'm wondering if it is worth my while to do it for only two hundred dollars.


15.gaze  v. [I] to look at someone or something for a long time 凝視;端詳
gaze n. [sing.] 凝視;端詳
    Dennis sat at his desk gazing out of the window.
    She met his gaze without a moment of hesitation.

沒有留言:

張貼留言